2016 – 2020
Mission: Grand Valley Public Library is a community resource designed to meet educational, cultural, and informational needs and to provide enjoyment to individuals.
CONNECT TO THE ONLINE WORLD
Goal #1: Residents of all ages will have access to materials in many formats to help stimulate imagination, and to enhance reading, viewing and listening experiences.
- Maintain upgraded 30 megabyte speed for internet access
- Increase staff support for patrons with technology questions
- Maintain Spot access and increase staff support for patrons who bring in their own devices
Increase the number and location of computers.
DISCOVER YOUR ROOTS
Goal #2: Patrons and visitors will have the resources they need to connect the past with the present, research family histories, and understand the history and traditions of the Grand Valley.
- a) Increase level of access to Ancestry.com
- Digitize and index local photographs and make available online through Ohio Memory Project
- Digitize old VHS movies on WWII
Plan for a History/Genealogy Room
KNOW YOUR COMMUNITY
Goal #3: Expand partnerships with Conversation Station, Country Neighbor, Grand Valley Elementary, Middle and High School, and Chamber of Commerce.
- Increase new game day program to weekly after school and increase attendance by 2%.
- Increase attendance in toddler, preschool and elementary school programs by 2%.
- Increase adult programs, through the Friends, to monthly.
Plan to develop a quarterly newsletter
Goal #4: Provide library collections that introduce ideas, build skills, support lifelong learning, and spark creativity.
- Encourage increased use of the library’s website and databases through teacher training at GV School.
- Improve the public’s access to and use of the library’s online catalog
- Incorporate technology into some of the children’s programs
Continue to update, expand and improve the collections
VISIT A COMFORTABLE PLACE
Goal #5: Maintain a safe and welcoming environment where staff and patrons can interact and engage with the community.
- Provide quiet comfortable places for patrons to read and access information
- Provide comfortable and separate access to computer stations for all ages
- Provide homework stations and tutoring areas
Provide small office areas to be used for homework stations and shared office space for other service providers: (BVR, JFS, speech Therapy).