Join the Ashtabula County Master Gardeners for their spring gardening program at the GVPL on Saturday, March 25, 2017.
Program topics include:
- Container & Raised Bed
- Gardening – The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
This program is free; however space is limited. Please call your the Grand Valley Public Library at 440-437-6545 to reserve your spot! Click here for more details about the program.
This has been cancelled, however Rock Creek library will be hosting the same program on the same time and day. Give them a call at (440) 563-3340 to sign up.
Join us March 22 from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm for the first installment of the 3 part series “Seeing the World through the Eyes of a Globe-trotting Scientist.”
Board Member Dave Orndoff will be presenting a 3 part series on his travels in Singapore and Taiwan, England, Western Europe and Croatia, and Columbia, Venezuela, The Caribbean (Virgin Is. and Curacao), North America incl. Newfoundland.
Part 1 – Singapore and Taiwan — March 22 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm at GVPL
Part 2- England, Western Europe and Croatia — April 8th – 10:00 am to 11:30 am
Part 3 – Columbia, Venezuela, The Caribbean (Virgin Is. and Curacao), North America incl. Newfoundland. May 16th from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm
About Dave Orndoff:
- Retired Dec, 2015 after 44 years as a research scientist and chemical engineer in the oil refining and petrochemical industries worldwide.
- Professional Focus: specialized in research & development of new catalysts required to produce environmentally clean fuels. Served as international technical director. Holds several patents in the research specialty.
- Resides on Hollowview Farm in Windsor Township with wife Vicki, 9 horses, 5 dogs, a rabbit and a pot-bellied pig.
- Member of Grand Valley Ruritans, The Native Plant Society and serves on the GVPL Board of Trustees. Volunteers with The Nature Conservancy. Interested in visual arts and the natural world.